(Join us for a daily support conversation. See more below)
Clients want to hear you’re a leader. They want to hear from the owner of the business they rely on. They want to see your character and your values come shining through. They want to feel your empathy for their situation. They want to trust you. They want to hear your confidence and transparency. They want to hear that we’re all in this together.
- So tell them you care about your employees and how you’re prioritizing their welfare and protecting them and their families. Phrase it so the clients know that the employees will be there for the clients when the crisis abates.
- Show them through an example that you know something about what they’re going through. Be caring and empathetic.
- Tell them what’s going on with your business and in your industry that impacts them and what you’re doing about it, what they can expect.
- Give them helpful information or resources that bring them value. They’ll remember where they got it.
- Keep in touch to stay top of mind. Send short messages every so often to keep them informed and to let them know you care.
In the financial crisis of 2008-2009 the businesses that continued to market to their client/prospect base saw a faster comeback than those that stopped communicating. What you do now creates your resiliency. Stay in communication. It’s worth the investment.
You’re invited to join in a daily 1/2 hour zoom conversation where business owners/leaders can talk, get resources, hear ideas from each other, share what’s working, feel not so alone, get help from others on how to adapt, give help and empathy to others, destress.
- Every weekday at 3pm EDT for the foreseeable future.
- No signups, totally free. Just show up and tell us what’s on your mind.
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/3065371681
- Audio: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll),
- Meeting ID: 306 537 1681