Yes, it’s the last few days of this decade. Where did all the time go? Think back over the last year and the last 10 years to celebrate how you’ve grown and how you’ve made a difference to others. Run a business? Given people a salary that has allowed them to thrive? Encouraged family and friends to go for their dreams? Taken risks because ‘nothing ventured, nothing gained?’ Developed yourself personally and professionally? Contributed to the world and to the planet?
My team and I wish you a very happy holiday, full of good times, uplifting family memories and gratitude.
Gratitude and fear cannot co-exist. It’s not neurologically possible. So I tell my clients to be aware of what they are grateful for so they are in the right state of mind for what they want to create for the future.
Here are the top 10 things I’m grateful for. I encourage you to make your own list.
- My family members are all happy, healthy and moving forward on their own goals.
- My clients have given me their trust and taught me things, much more than they have learned from me.
- I’ve made a difference in the lives of people who are friends, clients, networking contacts, fellow coaches, family members, and more.
- I’ve stood my ground, honored my values, maintained my integrity, and did what I could to be the change I want to see in the world.
- I traveled this year to Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Mexico, Washington DC, Ohio, Denver and the Jersey shore.
- I’m finally getting some ROI from the NYC contract I’ve been working on for 3 years.
- I’ve added some wonderful A players to my team that are a pleasure to work with.
- I have a whole bunch of work lined up for next year.
- I’ve studied and learned and expanded my knowledge. (especially The Neuroscience of Change)
- I’ve taken preventive steps to maintain my own health with exercise, nutrition, meditation and routine care/exams.
I wish you expanded empathy and compassion in the New Year. Please direct it at those who least expect it. Thank you for being you.