How will you make 2020 a year that makes a difference in your life?
You only get one life to live, and the next year of your one and only life is a terrible thing to waste.
Typically at the beginning of the year people take stock. What do you want this year that’s different than last year? How will your business/career serve your expanding life?
Decide to make it your year to create what you want.
So often we take what comes. We let circumstances dictate how we spend our time, the spend rate of our money, the direction of relationships, what we tolerate in our jobs. We let the status quo, satisfying or not, continue because it’s the path of least resistance. We do what we’ve always done because it’s comfortable. Is that you?
Where in your life will you take charge?
- Travel? Plan a trip to a faraway place that calls to you? (I did that in 2019 and I’m doing it again in 2020)
- Do something on your own because it’s what you want and you’re not waiting for everyone else. (yup, that’s me)
- Get a job that respects your worth with the pay and the professional respect you deserve (I coach people to first look for the companies with the culture you want, and then go for a job there.)
- Promote your own career. Develop your professional capabilities on our own and then make your current employer and new potential employers bid on who you’ll choose. (Ask my clients about this one)
- Specify where you want to be within 12 months. Then actively pursue your goals like a dog after a bone. Get help. Do disruptive things. Get creative. Stay focused. Do what it takes. (Ask my clients about this one, too.)
- Get control of your money, buy, sell, save, pay off debt, stop spending, create a budget. Do something different so you can move your net worth forward. (I can help with the attitude shift and make recommendations.)
- Decide that you will not put up with all this stress in your life. Take charge of your mind and seek the help to reorganize your brain, for better time management, better stress management, better decision making and how these impact your life. (I’ve really specialized in the neuroscience of change. Ask me.)
- Decide to make a relationship work for you, professional or personal. Either it’s worth having in your life or it should be cut back/abandoned (just like Meghan and Harry). What do you want? What does the other person want? Is it time to get really honest? Time to set boundaries and learn not to be triggered? Remember, you get what you tolerate. (need a listening impartial ear? Let’s bring out your best self)
How will you make 2020 a year that makes a difference in your life? You only get one life to live, and the next year of your one and only life is a terrible thing to waste.
I can help – if only through inspiration, listening and questioning. Want to have a conversation about making 2020 your year? Set up a complimentary appointment for a phone or video call at https://calendly.com/drivingimprovedresults/60min. I’m looking forward to talking with you.